Monday, March 7, 2016

     I hope all of ye scallywags had a great weekend! The Order of Leviathan ball was amazing and I was honored to have met so many great people!

Today, I have a new recipe for ye, one I hope ye all like as well!
Cheesy Chicken Casserole
   by The Pirate Chef 

Ingredients:

1 lb Penne Pasta
2 large Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 package of Frozen Chopped Broccoli, not the bag
1 can of Quartered Artichoke Hearts,drained *
1 C of shredded Colby Jack cheese
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 C of Milk
1 Tbs of Soy Sauce
Grated Pecorino Romano Cheese  (I like to use Locatelli)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F
  2. Cut chicken breasts up into small cubes, about 1 inch
  3. Brown chicken in a small pan and set aside
  4. Cook penne for 6 minutes in boiling water  (I like to add salt and Extra Virgin Olive Oil to my water when cooking pasta)
  5.  Add chopped broccoli, cook for 2 more minutes or until broccoli seperates
  6. Strain
  7. Mix pasta, chicken, broccoli, artichoke hearts, Colby Jack cheese, Cream of Chicken soup, milk, and soy sauce in a 3-4 quart casserole dish
  8. Cook in oven, uncovered for 10 minutes
  9. Remove from oven, stir thoroughly and sprinkle Pecorino Romano cheese on top (see pic)



    10. Return to oven and cook for 10 more minutes
    11. Remove from oven, stir thoroughly and sprinkle Pecorino Romano cheese on top
    12. Return to oven and cook for 5 more minutes
    13. Turn oven down to 250° F and cook for 5 more minutes
Let cool and enjoy!

* If you want, you can chop the artichoke hearts up smaller, I like the big pieces myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment