Thursday, June 9, 2016

Legless, the Pirate Corkscrew

     So I have something a little different for you today.  Instead of a recipe or food review, this is a kitchen tool review for a tool many of us are familiar with, a corkscrew.  This is not your average, run-of-the-mill corkscrew though, this is a pirate's corkscrew!


     Meet Legless, the pirate corkscrew and waiter's friend!
by  SuckUK


     Like most of us pirates, he's very durable as he's made almost completely of stainless steel, with only a light coating of heavy duty plastic for his "clothing."  He weighs in at about 1/4 of a lb so he's not a lightweight but he won't weigh you down either as he rides in the pocket of your favorite waistcoat.    The plastic doesn't have a cheap plastic feel, instead it feels like a nice powder coating and the little skull & crossbones on his bandana is raised so it won't just rub off with time.  It even comes down a bit in the back so that it looks like he's wearing an eyepatch.   If you look to the right, he's sporting a small steel hoop earring as well.

     I tested out all three components of this tool and everything worked well and reliably.  I tested the bottle opener on some beer I had in the fridge and it popped the top off nice and quick, I didn't have to move it around to another spot to get the cap off so that's always a plus for me.  The foil cutter worked better than I had hoped!  The blade is not a plain edge, nor is it a traditional serrated edge, instead the makes at SuckUK had this made with a scalloped serrated edge.  For those of you not familiar with this kind of a knife edge, it tends to cut much better than a traditional serrated edge but is more expensive to produce and worth it in my opinion.  I really like having the curved pivot arm for the cork remover, it made it a little easier to pull out the cork using it as a lever than most other tools I have used before.

     Legless comes shipped in a blister pack and is definitely worth the $15 price tag.  He's durable and definitely stands out in a crowd or similar corkscrews, just like any good pirate!  Mine will be with me at every event I go to, just in case I need a hand opening a bottle or two.  So feel free to head on over to their website and check out all the other cool stuff they sell, just click on Legless below!

http://www.suck.uk.com/products/legless-corkscrew/

No comments:

Post a Comment