Friday, January 13, 2017

Burger Review - Redfrog & McToad's Grub-N-Pub

     So our first burger review takes place at Redfrog & McToad's in St. Augustine Beach. They are local Grub-N-Pub located on A1A serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are open from 11am - midnight on Mondays and from 7:30am - midnight from Tuesday through Sunday.

I ordered the USA burger with cheddar cheese, medium-rare, with fries for $9.49
 

     Their menu says that the burger is 1/2 lb angus chuck, and I have to say, they did not disappoint there! The size of the burger was very nice and covered the bun well. Unfortunately, the burger came out closer to medium-well than medium-rare.

     As far as the juiciness of the burger itself, I'd have to give it a 2 out of 5. The burger was just barely moist, this could be due to the fact that it was a little overcooked, but I've seen burgers cooked to well-done and still be very juicy.

     I only asked for lettuce because I don't like tomatoes or raw onions. The lettuce was definitely fresh, not wilting or turning colors, but there was too much of it! I pulled an entire leaf off of it and left it on the plate, leaving the other leaf on the burger.

     The bun was a brioche bun and it looked like they tried to toast it as one edge of it was slightly toasted to burnt and the rest just barely had that feel of toasted bread.

     All burger come with french fries, but they do offer that you can substitute your side item if you wish. I got the fries and they were your basic frozen fries, definitely not homemade, and they were cooked well but there was nothing special about them.

     Overall, I don't think I would order the burger again. Even if it was cooked right, the meat was very bland and tasted like there was no seasoning added to it at all. I feel like they added the cheese too late in the cooking process and melting it on there turned the burger from medium-rare to medium-well. The price is good for the amount of food you get, but the dish itself was mediocre. Which is too bad because I've had other meals there that were good.

     Next month's location? I'm thinking Surfer Joe's, I've heard lots of good reviews about that place so let's see!

No comments:

Post a Comment