Friday, July 7, 2017

Half Moon Bay Trading Company - CocoMango Sauce

This week I will review Half Moon Bay Trading Company's CocoMango sauce.


   Let me start by saying that I do not like mango nor coconut, I know, it's weird but it's the way I am. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this sauce!

   They blended together mango, coconut, cayenne pepper, spices, and orange juice for a fantastic sauce. You can taste the mango and the coconut (as there are pieces of coconut meat in the sauce), but at the same time, you get that nice tang from the orange juice and the little bit of heat from the cayenne pepper.

   Overall, the sauce is quite tasty and hits on a little of every taste bud with everything blended together beautifully.

   Now, how I used it was a marinade for some nice grilled chicken. I put a couple of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a bag and poured the CocoMango sauce into it. I pressed as much air out as I could and kneaded the bag to evenly distribute the sauce and make sure the chicken was fully covered. After letting it sit for a couple of days, I fired up the grill and cooked the chicken until they were done. As there are different types of grills and cooking fuels, grilling times will be different and it would be best to cook the chicken the time and temp you normally do.

   The chicken came out beautifully with wonderful flavors from the sauce and remained juicy inside (a wonderful part of marinating). The coconut developed a more toasted flavor, picking up a strong nutty flavor with some sweetness, but never overpowering the other flavors in the sauce.

   Half Moon Bay Trading Company's CocoMango sauce will definitely become a standard for marinating chicken for the grill for us, it was absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment