Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Half Moon Bay Trading Company - Garlapeño Sauce

     So this past weekend I tried Half Moon Bay Trading Company's Garlapeño sauce on some chicken tenders. I just heated them up in the oven, put them in a mixing bowl and tossed with some of the sauce.



     It was so good, just the right amount of heat from the jalapeños and I love the cilantro in it as well. The sweet from the cane sugar does a great job of sweetening up the whole thing but you still get a nice acidic flavor from the vinegar and the lime juice. I also truly enjoy the nice strong garlic flavor that you can taste throughout, but also never overpowers the other flavors in the sauce.

     I think cilantro is an underplayed flavor in a lot of cooking today, specifically tex-mex style, and was thrilled to see it in this sauce and to be able to taste it as well!

So far, there has not been a sauce in their Pirates Blend line that I don't like.


I can't wait to try this on some wings this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment