Sunday, March 4, 2018

Kazu Sushi Burrito

     So today I tried a new restaurant that opened in St. Augustine today, Kazu Sushi Burrito. I enjoy sushi and I enjoy burritos so the idea of a sushi burrito both intrigued my culinary curiosity and stoked my hunger.

     I decided to do the "poke your way" sushi burrito with 2 proteins. I opted for tuna and spicy tuna for my proteins, with cucumber and hijiki salad for my mix-ins and some poke sauce as well.
 

     Hijiki salad is a black seaweed salad, a little sweeter than traditional seaweed salad, with some carrots added in.

     They put down a seaweed wrap, with some rice and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, and then added the proteins. They move to the mix-ins and then add sauce before rolling it up and cutting it in half.


     The sushi burrito had so much flavor and yet, it did not overpower any of the other ingredients. I was very happy with it and look forward to trying them again. I also plan on trying their gyoza and some other appetizers that they have.

     If you are looking for something different but you love sushi, then definitely give Kazu Sushi Burrito a try and let your mind explore their menu and come up with different combinations!

No comments:

Post a Comment