Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I want to wish you all a happy St. Patrick's Day!




     I hope you all had a good day today and celebrated with friends and/or family.  I didn't do much but I did celebrate my usual tradition by having steak, potatoes, and a Guinness.  I started this tradition many years ago in memory of a dear friend of mine, he passed away and this was one of his favorite meals.


     I seasoned my steak with Montreal steak seasoning yesterday and let it sit in the fridge for about 24 hrs, seasoning should be done at least 40 minutes prior to cooking up to overnight.  For the potatoes, I did something different and tried a recipe for crispy smashed potatoes.  After boiling, you smash them with something flat and brush olive oil on them, then season with salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme.  Once they are seasoned, you bake them at 450° for about 20 minutes or until they are brown and crispy on top.  As you can see in the picture, I followed this up with a nice cold pint of Guinness.  I hope you all enjoy your St. Patrick Day meals and try not to get into too much trouble today.

No comments:

Post a Comment