Sunday, February 23, 2020

Pirate Tools

     Ahoy all!  So recently, I ordered a pirate-themed bottle opener from Picaroon Tools on Etsy.  Why, you may ask? Well, simply put, a good bottle opener is always a good thing to have on hand & he makes some great tools.


     I was quite surprised to see that he sent me 2 more bottle openers after I asked if he would mind if I reviewed them!  Now, to be clear, I bought the main one & only asked if he minded if I did a review on it.  

     The tool I ordered was the One-Legged Pirate bottle opener in brass with a patina finish.  


     There's a few aspects of this tool that I like.  First, the look is awesome!  I love the antiqued look of it, like an old pirate coin, haha!  Now about the actual functions of this little guy. Now about the actual functions of this tool.  The hole at the very top of the hat is a lanyard hole that allows for one way of this to be carried. The left eye is a 10mm hex wrench & the right eye is a 8mm hex wrench, which can also hold a screw bit.  That piece sticking down on the left is the pocket clip and allows for this to be carried in the corner of the pocket, making it very easy to carry without getting in the way.  On it's right side is a bottle opener that made quick work of bottle cap.  The left leg is a flat head screwdriver & prybar that works well to pry up pulltabs on cans.  The right leg, while it's not mentioned as having any specific purpose, makes a wonderful little tack/stapled puller.

     The first of the extra bottle openers that I was ssent is the Cracked Skull in stainless steel w/ a standard finish.


     I like this one so much that it now has a permanent home on my keychain.  The stainless steel makes for a sharp looking tool indeed.  You can see in the picture that it has a lanyard hole on the left, which works well to add a keyring to as well, and the bottle opener is on the right.  Both of the eyes are hex wrenches, but so is the bottom of the bone on the right.  The left eye is 3/16", the right eye is 5/16", and the bottom of the right bone is 1/4". The bottom left bone ends in a flat head screwdriver.  This worked really well on bottle caps as well, the crossbones on it made it really easy to use.

     The second extra bottle opener he sent me is the Parrot Head bottle opener in stainless steel with a standard finish.


     This bottle opener is much simpler but still works really well with the bottle opener on one end & a lanyard hole on the other end.  It was easy to use & the contour of it made it comfortable in the hands & to use.

     All in all, these tools are very well made and work really well to take off bottle caps & for some other uses as well.  As I mentioned before, the Cracked Skull bottle opener is now on my keychain & is with me whenever I go out.  The One-Legged Pirate bottle opener sits on a bag that I carry whenever I go to work or travel so it's usually not to far from me.  The Parrot Head bottle opener is in a drawer for now, I'm planning on making a lanyard for it to accentuate the parrot features of it.

     Go check out his store by clicking on Picaroon Tools & see what all the tools he sells are, please be aware that it might take a little while to get them as he's based out of Varna, Bulgaria.  I might even order another one or two down the line myself, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment