Sunday, February 7, 2016

     Ahoy mateys! I hope the new year is treating you all well! So this weekend I ventured into the galley to work on a new recipe for you all. Alas, it did not work out well and I have none.  Instead I have a review of a great new hot sauce that I was able to try during the Pirate Gathering last fall.

It's Captain Assjack's Minorcan Gold Hot Sauce!





     This is not your normal hot sauce in the least. They use the signature pepper of St. Augustine, the Datil pepper, to give their citrus-based sauce a nice strong blast of heat.


      In addition to the citrus, the hot sauce also contains hints of curry and peppercorns that flick your taste buds with a milder heat and flavor.

     I can see this working well with lighter meats, such as chicken and pork, as well as some fish. Pretty much anything that would go well with a nice citrus kick and a bit of heat.

      If the Minorcan Gold doesn't quite fit your style, click on the link below to go to their Etsy store and check out the Minorcan Ghost or buy both to see which one gets your cannons roaring!

 Eat well and remember my motto, cook or die!

No comments:

Post a Comment