Sunday, February 7, 2016

     The Series 2 of St. Augustine Distillery's rum is the last one I reviewed as I could not bring myself to sampling the rest of their rum series.  From what I ave heard from others, it did not get much better and was still not worth the price they wanted for them.  That is too bad as I love to promote good quality local products.  You can see from this review last year, why I decided to stop trying their rums.

     So the St, Augustine Distillery's Series 2 rum was just released recently and I was able to try it this past weekend.





     So there's good news and bad news. The good news is that while it has been aged a little longer than Series 1, the price is still around $45. Also, Series 2 is also a little smoother on the throat.

Now onto the bad news. While it is smoother, it has only moved from a tequila-like burn to a cheap rum burn. Also, the flavor is a little stronger, but there's still an overwhelming alcohol taste to it.

     I'm hoping that by Series 4, it will be closer to a Bacardi rum but I would still rather spend my money on a better rum for sipping, or something cheaper and tastier for mixing. Regardless though, I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of a decent rum to come from these folks.

      So for next week, I will have a new recipe for you after I play in the galley for a bit. If you have a recipe you would like me to feature on here, with you being credited for it, just send me a message and I will be glad to make it and share it with everyone here!

No comments:

Post a Comment