Sunday, February 7, 2016

     This was a new recipe I came up with last year and I truly enjoy it, I may work on a version that has me working from scratch instead, but this version was easy and very good!

     Behold, a new recipe for you all! Nothing fancy, but it's tasty and easy to make.

                                               Meat and Potatoes Poutine





Ingredients:

1/2 bag frozen tater tots (I like the extra crispy ones)
1 package of Beef tips & Gravy (Hormel makes a decent one)
5 scallions, sliced thin
2 oz of mozzarella, shredded


Directions:
1) Cook the tater tots per the instructions on the bag
2) Heat the beef tips and gravy per the instructions
3) Split the cooked tater tots up onto two plates/bowls
4) Spoon beef tips and gravy onto the tater tots
5) Sprinkle mozzarella on top of the beef tips and gravy
6) Garnish with a decent amount of scallions
7) Let sit for a minute or two until the cheese starts to melt
8) Enjoy!

This makes about 2 servings, but you can easily double or triple it to make more.

Now I prefer to shred my own cheese for a very simple reason. The chemicals used in pre-shredded cheese to keep it from clumping also prevent it from melting as easily as cheese in block form.

No comments:

Post a Comment