Saturday, February 6, 2016

Here's a review I did for one of my favorite rums of all time, Code Rum Key Lime.  Enjoy!

     After being talked to into it (more like 'here try this'), I tried Code Rum for the first time this past weekend. I was intrigued and went out to the local store to snatch a bottle of the Code Rum Key Lime, as I do love key lime.



     One thing that turned me onto this rum was the fact that it is the product of a couple of crazy pirates, or at least crazy pirate lovers, here in Florida. Another thing I like is that it's relatively local and not a big box company.



     I was very impressed with the overall flavor and the smoothness of it. It does have a slight liquor burn, but just enough to let you know you're drinking something nice and strong. The key lime flavor is well balanced and doesn't overpower much of anything that you can mix it with.

     For me, this is definitely a dual rum as I enjoy it mixed in a cocktail or straight out of the bottle and one that I will gladly keep in stock for myself.

     As an extra little bonus for you mates, here's the award-winning recipe for their rum punch, which can be found right on the back of the bottle itself. I made myself a glass of this last night to try it, and I really enjoyed it. Now that's saying a lot because I do not like guava anything, but this was very enjoyable. Bottom's up mates!










Code Key Lime Rum Punch
     by Code Rum

2 oz CODE Key Lime Rum
3 oz Guava Juice
2 oz Cranberry Juice
1 oz Grenadine
Fresh Squeeze of Lime Juice floating on top

No comments:

Post a Comment